Milenyals Forum

Welcome to Milenyals Forum! The give and take community. Share base on your expertise. Please be an active quality member. We can't help everyone but everyone can help someone. Make it a habit to search first before asking. Help yourself first.

All things Anime: Wiki, Guides, FAQs, and more!

Offline vatkin

• ばか
    • indexsearch - Open Directory Searching made Easy!
on: October 23, 2018, 09:02:32 PM
This thread is focused on Animes produced in Japan, because this topic has a lot to cover, reading this will equip you with the knowledge needed to understand
and appreciate animes more.

Disclaimer: This wiki is entirely written by me, and are from my own understanding and experience. Any changes you wish to see, kindly send me a personal message. ;)

First, let me explain the genres. (can be found within the Information portion from the threads I posted.)
  • Kodomo - A type of anime aimed at children, mostly for educational purposes.
  • Shounen - A type of media meant for boys usually between the ages of about 10 and 17, examples are naruto, bleach, one peace, etc.
  • Shoujo - Like Shounen, but aimed at girls. Examples are sailor moon, ao haru ride, etc.
  • Seinen - Typically manga, but also is found within anime, like Shounen, but is aimed more on men older than high-school age. Action, comedy, drama, can all be called seinen.
  • Josei - Like Seinen, but for women.
  • Harem - Anime stories in which the main character is a male, and surrounded by many female characters who are inlove with the MC. It's focused more on comedy and romance, and it gets you thinking, (which girl will he pick?!). An example is Nisekoi.
  • Reverse Harem - Like Harem, but the genders reversed. A female MC, surrounded by a lot of male characters.
  • Romance - Exactly like the title says. It involves people falling in love.
  • Comedy - Another self explanatory genre, and a good example of this genre is Baka to test, Mayo Chiki, Haganai, etc.
  • Ecchi - Ecchi is a Japanese word for lewd, pervert, sexy, or any related adjectives. It is one of my favorite genres. I admit it. :D and it's a type of anime that shows a lot of scenes in which the female characters are wearing not much clothing. (Don't worry, important parts are still hidden ;))
  • Mecha - Anime about robots, like transformers for anime. It is focused more on action rather than character development.
  • Yaoi - Interestend in BL? This genre is for you, it is focused on romance between 2 boys.
  • Yuri - Like yaoi, but for girls. This genre is focused on romance between 2 girls.
  • Drama - Not much to explain here.
  • Supernatural - This anime revolves around the story in which supernatural beings are present, ghosts, gods, demons, etc. exist. I've watched a lot, and I recommend this if you're starting into anime.
  • Slice of Life - Slice of life are about what things people do everyday, like going to school, or playing sports. It's a story based on generic life.

Genres list is far from complete, I only included the basic genres for now. I will be completing my list later on.

Second, what are OVAs and ONAs?
OVA or Original Video Animation are like a bonus story of an existing anime franchise, this happnes due to popular demand, or when fans seek more. OVAs are not aired on TV, it is usually sold as a bonus story when releasing newer batch of anime DVDs.
ONA  or Original Net Animation are side stories of an existing franchise, like OVA, but is not sold, it is directly released through the internet.

Third, Live Action adaptations of animes.
Famous franchise of animes, like assassination classroom, kimi ni todoke, etc, are adapted into live-action. Meaning, the anime turns into life. With real actors and actresses reenacting the scenes from anime. I recommend watching live actions AFTER the anime, you will appreciate it more.

Fourth, BDRip and Dual Audio
BDRip means extracted from a Blu-Ray disc, you can get clear audio and video with this type of Rips. Dual Audio in the other hand, are media that contains both English audio (dub) and Japanese Audio (raw), and it often comes with subtitles. You can select your preferred audio and/or subs within your media player settings.

Fifth, I accept anime requests.
Do you have a hard time finding a specific anime? I have a couple hundred of gigabytes of animes. Request and I shall offer.

How to view hidden download links? Thank the author of the thread. (commonly called TS, for thread starter, or topic starter)
How to thank posts can be read You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, it enables you to view hidden content, most of which are download links. Refresh the page if hidden content is still hidden after hitting the thanks button.

Note: All my posts within this section are 720p, if not, the quality be provided within the title itself, whether it be 1080p, 480p, etc.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:10:17 PM by vatkin »

The following users thanked this post: AZKing, schizofreak, kopieyes, playtheeater

Offline AZKing

• Old Hand
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 09:05:08 PM
thanks for this vatkin
Say Thanks ;)

The following users thanked this post: vatkin

Offline TobiUchiha

• I am lazy to edit this personal text ;)
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 11:07:07 PM
salamat sa info boss

Offline kopieyes

Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 04:40:07 PM
Salamat po dito TS!

Offline playtheeater

• just here for the benifits
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 10:14:24 AM
awesome post worth reading.
you can always message me.

Offline henzo8843

Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 10:50:10 PM
thanks sa info ts.
say thanks :yippie:

Offline Xbaugx

Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 05:59:59 AM
Salamat sa info idol

Offline schizofreak

• what goes interesting.. ~
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 02:28:20 PM
Very informative ~ kudos to this. !!

Offline Shanks07

• Road to 100 XD
Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 08:41:23 PM
Thanks sa info