- Feb 25, 2019
You must be registered for see images
Languages: English | File Size: 12.27 MB
In Cloning, an exact image or duplicate of one hard disk drive or partition is created onto another hard disk drive.
Imaging is vital for data recovery because most of time, bad sectors on any hard disk drive make the drive or partition inaccessible. By creating a disk image of a faulty drive onto a healthy disk drive, data on a faulty drive could be accessed from the healthy drive. Sometimes, the number of bad sectors on a hard disk is high. In, those cases, data recovery software should be used to recover data after creating a disk image or clone of bad hard drive onto a healthy hard drive. Geeksnerds Drive Clone creates a sector-by-sector disk drive image. This means that the empty sectors will stay empty on destination disk drive and the sectors, which have information, are written with the same information on the destination drive. If a hard drive is detected in Bios but the partition is not accessible then Geeksnerds Drive Clone software could be used to make an image of faulty disk drive onto a healthy drive. This software is equipped with functionality of multiple attempts to clone bad sectors in backward and forward direction. If a faulty drive has too many areas with bad sectors, then it will clone the healthy area first by leaving the area with bad sectors and try to read the damaged areas in the end.
Geeksnerds Drive Clone images hard drives or partitions irrespective of size, format or brand. This cloning program can image "hard drive to hard drive", "partition to partition" and "partition(s) to hard drive". It can clone primary, extended or logical partition. It supports USB, ATA/IDE and SATA, SCSI and SAS hard drives. It clones any type of data placed on source drive. Geeksnerds Drive Clone has sector viewer, which helps to map the drive or partitions.
Cloning is also important for data backup as cloning creates a backup image. Geeksnerds Drive Clone tool makes an exact copy of the source on destination. This tool can backup hard drives as well as partition on external USB hard disk drive, flash drive and firewire. In partition to drive cloning, only the desired partition looks healthy on destination drive and other space remains raw. The cloning utility can also create image of dynamic discs.
Geeksnerds Drive Clone utility is designed software to clone drive having bad sector. If it detects areas with excessive bad sector on any drive, then it will take jump and clone the healthy area of the drive. Once it has completed cloning healthy area of the drive, the software will attempt to clone bad sectors. The software will show a list of bad sectors once it has completed cloning.
- Can clone hard drives or partitions irrespective of size, format or brand. The only requirement is that the destination drive should be equal or greater in size than the source drive.
- Can clone drives having bad sectors. The software is equipped with functionality of multiple attempts to clone bad sectors in backward and forward direction.
- Clones "hard drive to hard drive", "partition to partition" and "partition to hard drive".
- Makes an exact copy cloning system settings and partition information.
- Helps to upgrade old hard drive to new hard drive.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS files system.
- Geeksnerds Drive Clone has sector viewer.
- In partition to drive cloning, Geeksnerds Drive Clone software clones the whole partition table of the source drive on destination drive.
- In partition to drive cloning, only the desired partition looks healthy on destination drive and free space remains raw.
- Creates mirror of encrypted drive with same configuration as on source drive without any change on destination drive.
- Supports unknown partitions as well.
- Has simple user interface which doesn't require an in-depth computer management skills to clone drive or partition.
- Shows report after cloning process is completed in which details of cloning process along with time and bad sectors are shown.