- Feb 25, 2019
You must be registered for see images
File size: 27.4 MB
CleanMyPC is a new cleaning and maintenance utility for Windows from a software developer MacPaw Inc.
, which has already made a strike with its product CleanMyMac. CleanMyPC includes a suite of cleaning tools for Windows computers. The main cleaning component promises to remove gigabytes of files from a PC, and is backed up by five maintenance tools: Secure Erase, Complete Uninstall, Registry Maintenance, Autorun and Gadgets & Extensions Manager.
* During a scan CleanMyPC analyzes your hard drive to find files which might be safely removed. They are split into four categories - "Caches & Logs", "Help Files", "Extra Languages" and "Trash & Junk". Let?s walk through them to explain what exactly is found.
Caches & Logs
* While Windows and applications run on your computer they usually store chunks of "prepared" data on the hard drive to expedite load. Those chunks are called "Cache files". However, sometimes these applications do not remove the files and while some apps come with built-in "cache control mechanisms", the majority of those (including the Windows itself) leave a significant amount of data sitting unneeded on your hard drive. CleanMyPC can identify those files and let you know which of them are safe to delete. Log files record the activity of Windows and applications and are usually used for informational purposes. Removing them will not affect the functionality of your applications but might recover you hard drive space.
* Most applications (as well as Windows itself) come with help files which contain information about program functionality and workflow. You can safely remove help files for the applications that you already use freely. CleanMyPC allows you to selectively remove help files by clicking the corresponding "Help Files" section of the sidebar and checking only those you want removed.
* Some applications also come with built-in language translations (for example Spanish, Russian or German). This only influences interface translations - you can still type text in any language within the app. Since you only want your application in one language you can safely remove the rest - gaining free space. CleanMyPC will scan your computer and find applications which have multiple language translations, offering you to remove extras. If needed, you can only check those application translations you want cleaned.
Trash and Junk
* In this section CleanMyPC scans for various files you can?t usually access on your own but still can remove. These are:
- "Restore points" (backup files created by Windows. The latest restore point will not be removed by CleanMyPC to ensure you can always recover your system).
- "Recycle Bin" folders located on all your hard drives.
- "Crash reports" - files created by applications and Windows when something crashes, application quits or a critical error occurs.
* In addition to cleaning and scanning features CleanMyPC comes with a set of built-in utilities which are aimed to help you keep your computer reliable, fast, clean and working like a new one.
* When you simply remove files to and from Recycle Bin they can still be brought back by third party data recovery software. Yet sometimes you need to remove files for good - and this is where CleanMyPC?s "Secure Erase" will help you. Files and folders removed with "Secure Erase" cannot be recovered. This is achieved by rewriting files with zeroes ("zero-out") multiple times before permanently removing them from your hard drive.
* Most applications you have on your computer come with a dedicated uninstaller which removes the application you decide to stop using from your system. However, some files (like application preferences, caches, data etc.) are not usually deleted along with the app and clutter your system occupying disk space and slowing your computer down. CleanMyPC?s "Complete Uninstall" feature will help you to remove applications without leaving a trace. To do so you need to follow the on-screen instructions to launch a factory uninstaller and after it finishes its job CleanMyPC will pick it up and proceed with removing unneeded leftovers.